Today, interreligious dialogue (IRD) specialists, fellows and people must understand not only their own cultural complexity but also the need to function effectively in culturally diverse contexts ranging from their personal and private lives to their workplaces and other societies, contexts and geographical regions. Furthermore, face-to-face interactions throughout our world, including all the various forms of digital communications, require in many situations a profound intercultural awareness and excellent communication skills.
Through this self-paced course, participants will explore theories and practical examples related to intercultural communication divided into the following chapters:
• Introduction to Culture, Cultural Identity and Intercultural Communication
• The Cultural Dimensions and Intercultural Communication
• Cultural Analyses and Intercultural Competency
• The Role of Intercultural Communication in Interreligious Dialogue and Peacebuilding.
- Discover modern concepts and theory of intercultural communication and analyse cultural differences while engaged in effective dialogue.
- Understand the role of intercultural communication in dialogue and peacebuilding processes.
- Explore intercultural dynamics that influence interreligious dialogue encounters.
This interactive digital course is specifically designed for busy professionals who do not have time to take the longer, moderated courses. They can now select the relevant thematic topics and modules and learn on the go. Administered through a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) platform, this short course takes around three hours to complete, and, using a phone or a computer , can be taken anywhere, anytime, and at a suitable pace.
• KAICIID Fellows and IRD experts
• Religious leaders; religious organizations’ staff and local faith community leaders
• Officials and programme managers from faith-based organizations (FBOs), UN agencies, international organizations (INGOs); and civil society organizations (CSOs)
• Officials from national and local government structures
• Academics and research students
Modern and updated browsers.
KAICIID's E-Learning Programme includes digital knowledge tools, e-learning courses and thematic webinars, which teach dialogue as a tool to solve global issues. All e-learning courses are linked with global initiatives and development goals for sustainable peace. The courses build the capacities of global leaders to address a number of today's most pressing challenges by using interreligious dialogue to establish ethical policymaking frameworks, support peace processes, and address discrimination and religiophobia, at national and local levels. KAICIID e-learning courses are interactive, offered free of charge and are designed to benefit both dialogue professionals and the general public.