The Advisory Forum
Bhai Sahib Mohinder Singh Ahluwalia
Chairman of the Nishkam Group of Charitable Organisations
Bhai Sahib is the third in line of Sikh religious leaders of Guru Nanak Nishkam Sewak Jatha, GNNSJ UK, and since 1995, Chairman of the
Nishkam Group of Charitable Organisations, active in religious practice and propagation; social regeneration; heritage conservation; and education, health and infrastructure development. He is passionate about empowering individuals and organisations with common religious values, through selfless service, education and exposure.
- Recipient of official ‘Bhai Sahib’ title from the Jathedars (senior most leaders) of the five most sacred Sikh Takhats in India, for selfless service in faith propagation and heritage conservation.
- Patron of ground-breaking Sikh ethos multi-faith school trust operating four state-funded schools in the UK.
- Chair and Trustee of proposed Museum of World’s Religions UK (MWR UK) and co-convenor of the proposed International Charter for Forgiveness and Reconciliation.
- One of fifty co-presidents and trustee of Religions for Peace (RfP) International.
- Recipient of Papal Knighthood of St. Gregory the Great (KSG), Officer of Her Majesty the Queen’s British Empire (OBE) and three honorary doctorates from UK universities for interfaith and peacebuilding work.
- Retired Civil and Structural Engineer with 27 years of practice across three continents in the fields of engineering, town planning, housing, appropriate local materials research and policy formulation.
- Recipient of the 2016 African Interfaith Harmony Award of the Year, United Religions Initiative-Africa