What We Do
Incorporating Dialogue into the Scouts Programme
KAICIID promotes interreligious and intercultural dialogue for and among young people. The collaboration with the World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM) is KAICIID’s main youth programme. The programme’s goal is to help integrate dialogue in Scouting and help the Scouts acquire the skills and confidence in dialogue and understanding of spiritual development, so that they can promote a culture of peace and create positive change in their communities.
The Badge programme will offer Scouts three levels to develop their dialogue skills: A “Dialogue Badge” for three age groups of young Scouts, and a “Dialogue Facilitator Badge” for the Venture/Rover section and adult Leaders. Additionally, a “Dialogue Trainer” level will be available for those Scouts who wish to make a greater contribution to promoting dialogue in their communities. A Handbook for the Dialogue Badge explaining the requirements is in preparation.
In 2015-2017 regional trainings for dialogue facilitators were held in the Africa, Asia-Pacific, Eurasia, and Interamerica Scout Regions. The Dialogue Training of Trainers (ToT) for the Europe Scout Region, took place in 2017 and three ToTs took place in Asia-Pacific, Interamerica, and Eurasia. The KAICIID- WOSM team is also developing manuals for Facilitators and Trainers of Dialogue. The Building Bridges Guide for Dialogue Ambassadors Manual was launched in March 2018.
KAICIID provides advice to the Interreligious Forum of Scouting, such as supporting the baseline study of Spiritual Development in Scouting based on the data collected by the Duty to God Survey carried out by WOSM. The survey provided valuable data on the strengths and challenges faced by Scout leaders and trainers in spiritual and religious development. Collaboration in Monitoring and Evaluation, specifically measuring impact, is a main aspect of KAICIID’s work with WOSM in the future.
The programme’s goal is to help integrate dialogue in Scouting and help the Scouts acquire the skills and confidence in dialogue and understanding of spiritual development, so that they can promote a culture of peace and create positive change in their communities.
• NOV 2013 MoU between WOSM and KAICIID
• FEB 2014 World Scout Interreligious Dialogue, Vienna (KAICIID)
• AUG 2014 Participation in the 40th World Scouting Conference, Slovenia
• MAR 2015 Dialogue Brainstorming Workshop for further cooperation, Vienna (KAICIID)
• JUN 2015 Dialogue Training and first steps for Dialogue Programme & Badge
• JUL/AUG 2015 KAICIID participated in the 23rd World Scouts Jamboree
• AUG 2015 Dialogue Workshop at 7th Africa Scouts Forum
• OCT 2015 Dialogue Workshop at 8th Asia-Pa-cific Scout Youth Forum
• NOV 2015 Interreligious Forum of World Scouting, Vienna (KAICIID)
• JUL 2016 Dialogue Training of Trainers
• OCT 2016 Dialogue Trainings for Messengers of Peace Seminar & Interamerica Scout Region
• JAN 2017 5th World Scout Interreligious Sym-posium and Dialogue Training
• JAN/MAR 2017 Baseline Study of Spiritual Development in Scouting (Duty to God Survey Analysis)
• APR 2017 Strategic Meeting & Training of Trainers for Europe Scout Region
• MAY 2017 2nd World Scout Education Con-gress
• JUN/OCT 2017 Three Dialogue Training for Eurasia Scout Region
• AUG 2017 Dialogue Trainings and participa-tion in the 41st World Scout Conference
• March 2018 Launch of the Guide for Dialogue Ambassadors; Training and workshop on the Dialogue for Peace in Europe through ICD, IRD and Spiritual Development