Portuguese Translation and Editing
The Establishment Agreement calls for the Centre to enhance communication and information exchange in order to facilitate interreligious and intercultural dialogue and cooperation among people. The Communications Department engages KAICIID’s audiences with information that fosters an up-to-date, actionable and relevant understanding of the Centre’s mission and work. Its goal is to win support for the Centre’s mandate and a positive reception of the outcomes its work achieves.
Under the supervision of the Chief, News and Media, and in close cooperation with other staff of the Communications Department, the Consultant will perform the following duties:
- Translating and proofreading content from English to Portuguese and Portuguese to English as needed;;
- Once the Consultant has submitted the translation, the supervisor can approve and ask for a revision if necessary;
- The delivery times depend on the volume of the content, but in general, a turnaround of 24 hours per 1000 words is expected unless communicated differently in advance.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A bbachelor’s degree in journalism or communications.
- A minimum of five years’ experience as Portuguese editor or journalist.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex issues in a compelling, accessible manner
- Ability to check spelling, grammar, punctuation and facts;
- The chosen candidate will be detail-oriented and have the ability to work independently or in a team with minimum supervision, and will be able to multitask and juggle projects effectively.
Native Portuguese proficiency (written and spoken), English working level.
The fee will be offered in accordance with KAICIID consultancy rates, depending on the experience and expertise of the selected candidate.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
31 March 2023
The consultant will work remotely from their current residence.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a Curriculum Vitae together with a cover letter indicating the expected consultancy fee.
KAICIID is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply.