Executive Management Department
KAICIID is offering an opportunity for one intern, to work in the Executive Management Department, mainly in the Office of the Secretary General.
Under the supervision of the relevant colleagues in the Executive Management, the Intern is expected to perform the following duties:
- Opens/sorts official incoming mail for internal distribution and follows-up where necessary;
- Assists in the operation of the Centre’s ‘switchboard’, transferring external calls to requested persons/departments as appropriate and accurately transmitting messages in a timely fashion in the event of absence or no response from extension;
- Assists in the maintenance of [email protected] account and ensures appropriate distribution of queries; follows-up with concerned department and drafts responses accordingly
- Ensures maintenance and updating of the Department’s archiving system, files documents accordingly in hard copy and electronically and makes them available upon request;
- Updating filing trackers;
- Scan, sort and format documents;
- Assist with translation of documents;
- Draft correspondence in English and Arabic;
- Assists the team in preparing documents for meetings and conferences
- Prepare documents for meetings and conferences;
- Provides appropriate back up and support to supervisor and other team colleagues in their absence
- Undertake any other assignments as may be required.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Professional fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic required; knowledge of other languages, in particular Portuguese, Spanish, German desirable;
- Strong computer skills (excellent knowledge of MS Office PowerPoint, Word, and Excel);
- Solid organizational abilities and individual initiative and flexibility;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment, to prioritize and execute tasks on schedule.
Period of internship
The selected candidate is expected to start as soon as possible and will be offered initially a three months’ internship with a possibility for an extension until 30 June 2022.
Deadline for applications: 19 January 2022
* KAICIID Internship programme is open to students in the final year of higher education (university or other accredited institution) at graduate or postgraduate level and to recent graduates or postgraduates (within one year of graduation) who are between 21 and 30 years of age. Interns receive a monthly internship allowance and 2 days of vacation per month.