CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
GRAPHIC DESIGNERS’ ROSTER COMMUNICATIONS DEPARTMENT
The KAICIID Establishment Agreement calls for the Centre to enhance communication and information exchange in order to facilitate interreligious and intercultural dialogue and cooperation among people. The Communications Department engages KAICIID’s audiences with information that fosters an up-to-date, actionable and relevant understanding of the Centre’s mission and work. Its goal is to win support for the Centre’s mandate and a positive reception of the outcomes its work achieves.
GENERAL SCOPE OF ROLE
The provision of graphic design services for flagship publications, multimedia and social media content, Annual Report, newsletters, books, brochures, booklets, etc. to support the KAICIID’s work through the production of high-quality communications products which clearly and powerfully communicate the importance of interreligious dialogue to a variety of audiences.
The Centre is looking for a number of self-employed, freelancing Graphic Designers who would be available on an ad hoc basis.
The Centre does not guarantee any minimum level of business to the Consultant. Therefore, no specific information on the expected volume of work can be provided.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Design artwork (for print and digital) for the Centre’s flagship publications, high level reports for use with international partners and government officials, and brochures describing KAICIID’s work;
- Develop user-friendly and accessible communications products (e.g. animations, GIFs, infographics, flyers, cards) for use on social media in coordination with Social Media Officers;
- Design branding and marketing products (e.g. bookmarks, postcards) in conjunction with designated Communications Department representatives;
- Perform any other ad-hoc graphic design and layout tasks arising from the work of the Communications Department.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree or specialized training in graphic design;
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible and relevant experience in the field of editing, publication development (print and digital), layout, multimedia and design;
- Strong theoretical and practical background in graphic and multimedia design, including the use of design software such as Adobe Design Premium, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, In-Design, CorelDraw, web design tools such as Dreamweaver and Flash, etc;
- Show (on the basis of samples) a clear and mature style of design, demonstrating an understanding of the communication requirements of an international public organization and/or non-profit organization;
- Proven experience of graphic production from start to published/printed product with knowledge of printing processes (offset and digital) and colour management;
- Proven experience in multimedia production (animations and GIFs)
- Fluency (both speaking and writing) in English. Ability to layout content in other languages (Arabic, French, German and Spanish) is highly desirable.
TERMS OF ENGAGEMENT
The Consultant shall provide the Services on an “as and when required” and a non-exclusive basis based on requirements/instructions provided by the Communications Department.
If so requested, the consultant shall be able to assist the Centre in arranging for printing of the designed materials in order to ensure the produced design is maintained.
The Consultant is expected to maintain a consistent graphical image of the Centre.
The Consultant will be provided with relevant texts, images and other materials/information that the Centre considers necessary for performing the services. The Centre and the Consultant may exchange additional information and documentation that might be required by the Consultant in order to understand the scope and nature of the requirements of the Centre. Upon conclusion of such exchange, the Consultant shall provide a binding quotation on the requested Services.
The Consultant shall commence the Services upon written confirmation by the Centre, containing the scope and nature of Services, the prices calculated on the basis of the contractually agreed unit rates, and the agreed delivery terms.
The Consultant shall be able to provide the Services remotely, i.e. from its location.
If, on exceptional basis, the Consultant is requested by the Centre to travel to Vienna for the purpose of performing the Services, the Centre will cover travel and lodging expenses according to its internal procedures.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Open until filled
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a Curriculum Vitae and portfolio of work, together with a cover letter in which you will specify the average per-page / product rates for the following services:
- print publications that contain very few illustrations and require a minimal level of layout work;
- print publications of very high quality, contain a large amount of illustrations and require extensive layout including processing of photographic material and other illustrations;
- Logo package;
- Multimedia and social media content (animations, GIFs, flyers, infographics)
Please note that all native/source design files will be the property of KAICIID. Prices should reflect this condition.
Only short-listed candidates will be further contacted by KAICIID.
KAICIID is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply.