Dialogue Knowledge Hub
Bhai Sahib Mohinder Singh Ahluwalia
Location of Activities
Co-President &Trustee, Religions for Peace
Member, Elijah Board of World Religious Leaders
Chair and Trustee, Museum of World’s Religions, UK
Bhai Sahib is the third in line of Sikh religious leaders of Guru Nanak Nishkam Sewak Jatha (GNNSJ), and since 1995, Chairman of the Nishkam Group of Charitable Organisations, active in religious practice and propagation, social regeneration, heritage conservation and education, health and infrastructure development. He is passionate about empowering individuals and organisations with common religious values, through selfless service, education and exposure.
- Recipient of official ‘Bhai Sahib’ title from the Jathedars (senior most leaders) of the five most sacred Sikh Takhats in India, for selfless service in faith propagation and heritage conservation.
- Patron of the ground-breaking Sikh ethos multi-faith Nishkam Schools Trust, which operates 3 primary schools and 2 Secondary Schools, as well as 2 privately funded nurseries.
- Chair and Trustee of the proposed Museum of World’s Religions UK (MWR UK) and Co-Convenor of the proposed International Charter for Forgiveness and Reconciliation.
- One of fifty Co-Presidents and a Trustee of Religions for Peace (RfP) International. Also a member of the Religions for Peace International World Council.
- Trustee of St Ethelburga’s Centre for Reconciliation and Peace
- Recipient of the Papal Knighthood of St. Gregory the Great (KSG)
- Officer of Her Majesty the Queen’s British Empire (OBE)
- Recipient of the 2017 Global Thinkers Forum Award for Excellence in Peace and Collaboration, the 2016 African Interfaith Harmony Award of the Year, United Religions Initiative-Africa, the Juliet Hollister Interfaith Award from the Temple of Understanding, New York; the Guru Nanak Interfaith Award from Hofstra University, New York; and the “GCGI Award for Public Service in the Interest of the Common Good” from the Globalisation for the Common Good Initiative.
- Three honorary doctorates from UK universities for interfaith and peacebuilding work.
- Retired Civil and Structural Engineer with 27 years of practice across three continents in the fields of engineering, town planning and housing, appropriate local materials research and policy formulation.
- Founding Member, European Council of Religious Leaders
- Chairman, Nishkam Group of Charitable Organisations
- Spiritual Leader and Chairman, Guru Nanak Nishkam Sewak Jatha
- International Trustee, St Ethelburga’s Centre for Reconciliation and Peace
- Co-Convenor, International Charter for Forgiveness and Reconciliation
Biography as at 01.12.17
1.) Bhai Sahib Mohinder Singh. 2009. "Respect the elements Faiths IN OUR CITY With Bhai Sahib Mohinder Singh". Birmingham Evening Mail.
2.) Singh, Bhai Sahib Mohinder. 2012. "Fusion of the sacred and secular." Dialogue & Alliance 26, no. 1: 24-25. ATLA Religion Database with ATLASerials, EBSCOhost (accessed April 6, 2017).
3.) Gilbert, P. 2009. "Bhai Sahib Dr Mohinder Singh." International Journal Of Leadership In Public Services 5, no. 2: 38-42. British Library Document Supply Centre Inside Serials & Conference Proceedings, EBSCOhost (accessed April 6, 2017).