Call for Proposals: Arab Region Dialogue Initiatives
The International Dialogue Centre (KAICIID) funds small scale short-term initiatives in the Arab Region that focus on building bridges between diverse religious, ethnic, political and regional communities. Grants are up to a maximum of 5.000 EUR for organizations and up to 3.000 EUR for individuals.
Grants must address one of the following areas of activity
- Countering and preventing hate speech in the name of religion on national/regional level
- Enhancing the role of interreligious dialogue in responding to COVID-19 and promoting public health. Preference will be given to interfaith initiatives focusing on community engagement and responses to the current situation concerning COVID-19 outbreaks amongst vulnerable groups (elderly, people with special health conditions, women, children, refugees, etc.)
- Incorporating principles of interreligious education and common citizenship in interreligious dialogue initiatives to promote social cohesion and peaceful coexistence
- Promoting the protection of cultural heritage and safeguarding religious sites.
Proposals will be evaluated based on specific selection criteria. The projects should be fully implemented within six months from June to December 2021, including the submission of the final reports. All initiatives and activities should include a policy dimension, involving policymakers in the project on a local, national or regional level, with different levels of engagement.
The following methods, approaches and formats can be used to address the topics listed above
- Advocacy for policy changes.
- Capacity building (preferably online workshops and trainings).
- Traditional/Social media engagement, live streaming events, broadcasting, radio programmes, TV programmes, short videos, documentaries, etc.
- Knowledge exchange.
- Awareness raising.
- Policy papers, booklets, infographics, articles, and blogs.
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT) such as phone applications, text messages and push notifications.
Who can apply?
The Dialogue-60 project targets organizations and institutions, as well as individuals who can support interfaith efforts to respond to the themes identified in this call. More specifically, these partners include the following entities:
- Interfaith/interreligious dialogue platforms, organizations and networks
- Religious leaders and faith-based organizations
- Youth and women organizations and other civil society organizations
- Social media influencers and bloggers
Good to know
- Proposals may include more than one method and multiple formats.
- Only proposals consisting of (1) an application form, (2) a project proposal and (3) a detailed budget will be considered. Please find the documents here for download.
- A preference will be given to joint proposals submitted by two organizations or more.
- To increase the chances of your project being selected, please consider the set of selection criteria outlined in Annex I to this Application Form, which will serve as basis to evaluate the projects to be awarded.
- On 25 May 2021 at 14:00 CET, KAICIID will host an information session online via Zoom to answer questions and queries of those interested to apply.
For questions and inquiries, email: [email protected]